- The Xbox Series S (collectively, the Xbox Series X/S) are home video game consoles developed by Microsoft. They were both released on November 10, 2020 as the fourth generation of the Xbox console family, succeeding the Xbox One family.
- Rumors regarding the consoles first emerged in early 2019, with the line as a whole codenamed “Scarlett”, and consisting of high-end and low-end models codenamed “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” respectively.
- Internally, Microsoft had been satisfied with the two-console approach for the Xbox One, and planned a similar approach for the fourth generation Xbox, with the target for the high-end model to at least double the performance of the Xbox One X.
- The high-end model was first teased during E3 2019 under the title “Project Scarlett”, while its name and design as Xbox Series S was unveiled during The Game Awards later in December. In September 2020, Microsoft unveiled the low-end model as Xbox Series S.
Xbox Series S
- Model: Xbox Series S (Digital version)
- Processor: 8 core Jaguar CPU at 1.75GHz
- 8GB RAM + 1TB Storage
- 12 CUs (914MHz) 1.23 TF GPU
- 1x Wireless Controller